If you’re looking for an upbeat, healthy way to motivate yourself to maintain the cleanliness of your home in between your Mini Maid team cleanings, look no further! Our creative staff of housecleaning specialists has provided the following fun and effective tips to help you shed pounds while also keeping your home sparkling. (And when you get too tired, you can always bring us in for backup!)
- Speed things up! If you typically space out your household chores throughout a day, or even over the course of a week, consider condensing your cleaning day into one or two higher energy cleaning sessions, instead. Try and keep moving the entire time you’re cleaning to keep your heart rate elevated and burn off the maximum number of calories. (Bonus: by cleaning faster, you’ll actually spend less time on household tasks and will get to count it as a workout, too!)
- Dance the dust away. Spend 15 or 20 minutes dusting your home from top to bottom while playing your favorite music! This turns dusting into a fun, fat-burning dance routine rather than a mundane task you won’t enjoy.
- Heavy laundry lifting. If you’re like most people, there are weeks where laundry loads simply pile up. You can use this to your advantage by lifting full baskets of laundry and carrying them from bedrooms and bathrooms into your laundry area. You’ll build up muscles and won’t have to make as many trips!
- Vacuum with velocity. Vacuuming involves your arms, legs chest and back and is therefore a fantastic cleaning workout exercise. You can work the muscles of both arms, by alternating them while vacuuming. To boost calories burned, do plenty of bending of the knees and waste and use large, round movements, going as quickly as you can.
- Run, don’t walk! Running is proven to be the most effective and efficient way for a person to burn calories. All you need is a staircase and/or a longer corridor or hallway. Run in short bursts while cleaning to feel the burn and shorten the time you spend on chores.
- Squat and repeat. You can easily implement squats into your cleaning routine. Instead of bending over to pick up stray objects on the floor, squat down to pick them up, instead. Do the same when reaching for cleaning supplies or going for lower drawers.
We hope you enjoy spicing up your regular cleaning routine to include a bit of fat-blasting fun! But when you really need to change it up (or, when you just need a break!) give the professional cleaning team at Mini Maid a call at (352) 374-4141. Because you shouldn’t have to work hard all the time!