While it may be true that Florida doesn’t offer up much when it comes to separate seasons or leaves changing color on the trees, that doesn’t mean you can’t embrace the fun of fall! Changing up home decor for autumn can refresh your living space and allow your family to enjoy the warm colors and comforting feel of fall. Here’s a few simple decorating ideas to help you get inspired.
- Create a eye-catching rustic mantle display by combining elements from nature such as straw and leaves with handpainted gourds, squash or pumpkins. Add in some glass votives and you’ll end up with an enchanting mantle masterpiece.
- Decorate glass containers or vases with glued-on acorns, twigs and other natural autumn elements. Strategically place these throughout your home to add a homey fall feel to your space.
- Purchase an inexpensive, simple wall mirror at a garage sale or thrift store and decorate it with fall foliage — you’ll have a one-of-a-kind fall decoration that you can display proudly every year.
- If you have a fireplace in your home that you find never gets used (we are in Florida, after all!) try filling it with nicely arranged pumpkins and gourds during the fall season.
- Purchase simple throw pillows and blankets for your home in fall hues such as bronze, red-orange and crimson. All you’ll have to do is bring them home and place them on furniture to attain instant fall flair!
If this list helped to get you started, but you’re looking for a few other ideas, check out this Southern Living article that’s all about fall decor!