If you’ve ever been placed in charge of hosting your family’s holiday dinner, then you know how tough it can be. In fact, family meal planning, preparation and service rank among the top holiday stressors reported by Americans, according to the American Psychological Association. It’s easy to see why — different diet preferences, nutritional restrictions, and health concerns pile up quickly when you’re cooking for a crowd. It can seem nearly impossible to keep everybody happy!
The key to keeping stress to a minimum during your holiday meal planning is to choose a menu that is healthy, provides plenty of diverse options and is relatively simple to execute. Not sure where to start? Lucky for you, the team at Mini Maid has accumulated some favorite holiday recipes over the years that perfectly fit the bill! Check out the following mouthwatering list of healthy and delicious menu ideas to please the picky eaters in your family.
- Eggplant Ricotta Bites – Breaded lightly rather than being fried, these tasty appetizers offer a healthy, non-oily crunch! Creamy ricotta also seems sinful, but is actually low-fat!
- Creamy Carrot and Parsnip Soup – The light sweetness of carrot and savory flavor of parsnip gives this soup rich, crowd-pleasing flavor, and its naturally creamy texture (no dairy needed!) makes it hearty and comforting.
- Pork Tenderloin with Mushroom Stuffing – A perfect dish for hungry meat lovers looking for a satisfying entree (without the grease and fat!), this filling pork dish is a huge hit at every family table.
- Moroccan-Spiced Turkey – You can have a holiday meal without a turkey, right? But why not spice things up a bit with this unique and aromatic recipe that offers up a new spin on a traditional family favorite.
- Maple Roasted Sweet Potatoes – Nothing is simpler than roasting veggies, and it’s a healthy way to prepare them, as well! These savory sweet potatoes are high in nutrients and sweet enough to please even the fussiest eaters.
- Lemon Roasted Asparagus with Parmesan – The bright flavor of lemon and the sharpness of low-fat parmesan cheese make this healthy veggie dish a mouthwatering take on a standard side dish.
- Healthy Potato Gratin with Herbs – You can’t please a hungry family gathered at the holiday table if you don’t offer up a potato dish! This tasty take on the potato side dish provides all of the flavor with less fat than appears in most mashed or scalloped recipes.
- Pear and Almond Tart – Delicious seasonal fruit and a light, flaky crust make this healthy dessert deceptively decadent.
- Mini Chocolate Cream Pies – Creamy, sweet and simple to prepare (and also low in fat!) these tasty dessert bites are certain to please.
We hope you and your family enjoy some of these delicious options this holiday season. Be sure to leave your own favorite crowd-pleasing recipes in the comments section!